Seven people received medical attention on Tuesday after an iPhone battery overheated in a Swiss Apple store.

Police in Zurich, Switzerland evacuated around 50 customers and staff from the store after an iPhone 6S battery overheated and started spewing smoke.

The small fire happened as an employee tried to repair the device.

The man was treated for minor burns to his hand.

Zurich police say no one was hospitalised as a result of the battery fire.

Employees used quartz sand to stop the flames and vented the store to suck out the smoke.

The text above is a summary, you can read full article here.