Do you want to redact text in Word document? You can delete text to ensure it is redacted. In case you do not wish to change the entire redacted content, then you can also change the MS Word document into an image sequence.
How to Redact a Document by Hand?
- Go to the Microsoft Word document. Click twice on the Microsoft Word document which you wish to redact so that the MS Word opens on the desktop. Make sure that you can follow these steps only for MS Word documents which are smaller in size. In case you wish to redact a larger document, then you have to store the MS Word document as a picture format.
- Choose the content which you wish to redact. Press and pull the mouse pointer diagonally the content so that you can start to redact procedure.
- Press the word count in MS Word document. You will get this in the end left-hand side of the MS Word window. Now, you will get the context menu with the word count and also the character details which are in the MS Word document.
- Go through how many characters are there in one MS Word document? Near the “Characters” title given in the context menu.
- Press on the Close button. It is located at the end of the MS Words screen. Now, the context menu gets close.
- You need to copy the chosen content.
- Click on the Control and C keys together in case you are using Windows PC to redact in MS Word document.
- Tap on the Cmd and C keys together in case you are using Mac.
- Open the “Find and Replace” window.
- Tap on the Control and H keys together in case you are using Windows PC.
- Click on the Control and H keys together in case you are using Mac.
- You need to paste the content into the “Find what” column.
- Press on the “Find what” section given at the upper side of the context menu.
- Click on the Control and V keys together in case you are using Windows PC.
- Tap on the Cmd and V keys together in case you are using Mac.
- You have to add one of the filters to the “Replace with” column. Press the “Replace with” section near the end of the context menu.
- After that, enter single-digit decimal numbers for the characters you wish to redact.
- Press on the Replace all button.
- Tap on the OK button.
- You have to follow the procedure again with another content which you wish to redact.
- You have to add a black color background to text.
- Save the redacted Word document.
Billy Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
More To Read