After reported pushback from government and antitrust officials, new concessions from T-Mobile and Sprint Monday have seemingly given the merger new life.

In a blog, T-Mobile CEO John Legere said that the new company, called the New T-Mobile, will "cover 97% of the U.S. population with 5G on low-band spectrum and 75% of the population with 5G on mid-band spectrum" in three years, with an additional focus on using 5G to provide an alternative to traditional home broadband.

T-Mobile recently announced it was beginning to trial using its 4G LTE for home broadband while Sprint last week announced that its HTC 5G Hub, a hotspot that aims to replace a traditional modem and router, will be available in its first 5G markets on May 31.

In addition to promises for 5G rollout, an area of focus for the Trump administration as the world races to rollout the next generation network, Legere also says that as part of the deal the New T-Mobile will divest Boost Mobile, Sprint's prepaid provider and a rival to T-Mobile's own Metro.

"We'll work to find a serious, credible, financially capable and independent buyer for all the assets needed to run – and grow – the business," Legere writes.

"And we'll make sure that buyer has attractive wholesale arrangements."

The text above is a summary, you can read full article here.