The Chinese tech giant is also objecting to its US ban through an ex parte letter to the Federal Communications Commission, a report says.

Google last month locked Huawei out of its Android updates, though the US Commerce Department granted it a three-month general license to update existing devices.

Huawei is looking at launching it only if Android is permanently removed as an option for its smartphone customers.

A trademark application for Hongmeng was filed with Peru's National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (Indecopi) on May 27, Reuters reported Wednesday.

Meanwhile, CNBC published Huawei's ex parte memo (PDF) Wednesday, in which the company objects to being banned on the grounds of national security threats.

"Banning particular vendors on grounds of 'national security' will actually do little or nothing to protect the security of America's telecommunications networks," the memo says.

The text above is a summary, you can read full article here.