Facebook has already become the most important part of life. At every point in time and at every walk of life we can just not ignore it at all. It is newsfeed, a video player, a live news telecaster, a collection of all sorts of photos and even a storefront.
Since we all know online shopping has taken heights in past years. Not just online shopping webs but also Facebook pages direct you to shop things from their as well. All the brands have a shop built on their Facebook pages. You can see and compare all the products from their only. In addition to that, through messenger, you can also ask their sales representatives in case if you have any queries.
Moreover, there are business pages from where potential customers can directly purchase products from their page, without leaving their Facebook application window.
Ever since Facebook has taken this angle it has become a savior for both buyers and sellers. It provides such a wide range of functionality that connects both the parties in absolutely no time. A number of online retailers have made a separate business profile for their publicity on Facebook as well as ensuring their presence there as well like for example Goto online shopping, Daraz online shopping, etc.
Online selling is done in two ways. Either the companies use Facebook’s own platform to create a store there only or employ a third party to develop an online store and link the products directly to the respective Facebook page. Both the options are present nowadays but the second one is quite common. However, it involves a few technicalities and knowledge.
Here are a few ways in which Facebook acts as a solution for all online businesses that are based on Facebook:
- Sponsored Ads
Facebook through its sponsored ads, start pitching up your potential customers by constantly popping up on their news feed and triggering them to at least visit it once. Sponsored ads are based on the user’s previous searches, interests, and preferences.
- Facebook Algorithms
Facebook through its business analytics methods give you (the sellers/businesses) an option to filter your prospective customers that fit best in your defined bracket of the target market. Once you imply with these set of standards, Facebook will automatically filter out the information and send sponsored ads to your target market only. Further, you can also boost your posts with the same.
- Facebook Groups/Pages
Facebook groups/pages are yet another method that simplifies shopping for buyers and sellers both. There are groups for different products and different product categories also. It gathers all the relevant people under one roof and provides them the best platform to either buy or sell their products with ease and at the very moment.
- Shop Now
Some time ago, a new shop now/visit shop button was integrated into business profiles. Whenever the prospective customer visits a particular page they can have a look at the entire store just by tapping on the shop now button. This frees the interested people from the process of normal search engines that are quite boring and time-consuming as well.
- Live Chat and Push Messages
Live chat was previously seen in a limited number of webs only. But now you can find it almost everywhere. Even when you land on Facebook pages the messenger window pops up automatically to live chat with you. In addition to that, there are always some push messages already fed in the conversation. If any visitor texts the business page the push message is sent automatically. This gives some sense of responsiveness to the customers.
Things to Keep in Mind
If you are a customer and you intend to shop from an online page or business on Facebook then you must consider the following before you check out and get done with shopping:
- Make sure that the place from where you are shopping is an authentic one and is not a scam or a fraud. There have been such cases in the past that were reported as a scam. So you must go through a check to ensure the authenticity of the page.
- Read the reviews for the products available and maybe for the services. Reviews help you a lot to decide whether it is worth buying or not. If you feel like they are paid or something then look around in your community and friend circle to know their reviews if they have shopped from there in the past. For the same, you can also ask for the reviews of that particular product or page on other Facebook groups or pages.
- Make sure to talk with them (the page owners) about their exchange and refund policies. As such people often refuse to entertain your claim and have poor after sales services.
- Don’t share a lot of details about you as you don’t know who is behind the screen on the opposite side. Share only the most important details and that’s all.
- Keep in mind, that you being the customer and top of that Facebook user, have all the rights to complain and report about something that you think is inappropriate. So don’t hesitate and avail this opportunity as the need be.
While there are still some things that would need to come together to make Facebook’s shopping world even more efficient and smart. The continuous efforts that Facebook, as well as business pages, are making to give the best solutions to the users must not go unnoticed. After all, nothing is perfect and development is a never-ending process. We look forward to seeing Facebook as even more simplified and massive place to shop everything and anything. Now, let's see how far it can go.