Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9 occurs when you are not able to read a disk or drive. There can be numerous reasons why the error might appear. Your system may run into such error code under these following conditions:
- Output/Input problems
- Viruses attack may also create a fault in a few circumstances.
- Windows update and build issue
- Damaged system files or registry issue
- Malfunctioning hardware
- Damaged PC components
Eight Quick Ways to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10
There are various reasons why the windows error code 0xc00000e9 might appear during boot. However, it can be challenging for users to figure out what is causing it. To find out, you need to do some troubleshooting and fix the problem accordingly.
- Reboot your system: Sometimes, a temporary problem can go away after a quick restart. Also, make sure to do a hard reset by powering off the system and turn back it on as error can prevent Windows from booting.
- Update your driver: When you can boot windows using safe mode, then, you should check that your drivers are up to date or not. Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 may occur when system drivers are outdated or poorly configured.
- Scan your system for viruses: Virus is one of the significant problems that can harm your system. Try to scan the PC and install antivirus software to overcome such issues.
- Boost using Safe mode: There are times when the window does not boot normally. So, it is better to use safe mode in that condition.
- Test your hard drive: You can also try the hard drive into another machine. In some cases, it is possible that by replacing the hard drive, you can conveniently resolve the problem effortlessly.
- Update Vol boot code: Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 creates a problem when BOOTMGR is unable to read the BCD files. So, you can check it and check if Vol boot code to use BOOTMGR properly.
- Changing the boot mode: The user can also try removing the Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 by changing the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
- Re-Install Windows: If nothing works, then it is better to install windows again according to your system. Keep in mind that not to overwrite the window. Install a fresh and new window in your system, that will resolve the error code 0cxc00000e9 completely.
Blair Lennon is a Internet Security expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.