You can encounter multiple errors while updating Windows OS, and Error 0x800c0002 is one of them. If you are facing the issue as well, then read through the blog to fix it. So, here are the steps to fix x800c0002 error while updating Windows 10.
Launch Windows Update Troubleshooter
After installing when you launch it, identify the issue, and solve it. However, not all issues should be able to resolve with this software. When it does not guide, you should take the second process.
Reset Windows Update Components
In case you intend to reset Windows update components,’ then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- You should select Win + X keys. From the menu, select Command Prompt.
- You must prevent the BITS, MSI Installer, Cryptographic, and the Windows Update Services by running these commands to the command pop-up. Remember to press the Enter key after every command:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- The next needs further SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders with the command pop-up. Input these commands and press Enter key after every command:
- ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old.
- Thereafter, disabled the BITS, MSI Installer, Cryptographic, and the Windows Update Services. Thus, you require to reboot then by running these commands and pressing input after each of them:
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- You should input Exit into the Command Prompt in order to shut it.
- Now, reboot the system.
Run a Full Disk Checkup Method
If you would like to run a full disk checkup method, then abide by the given steps.
- You should navigate to the Windows search.
- Thereafter, input ‘cmd’ into the search box.
- You have to open Command Prompt and select to enter as an administrator.
- Later, enter the chkdsk /r command and press the Enter key.
- Now, you have to wait for the methods to complete and restart the machine.
Check the System for Possible File Corruption
In case you intend to check the system for possible file corruption,’ then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- You should launch the Windows search once more.
- Thereafter open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- You should enter sfs /scannow once the blinking cursor.
- Then you should hold the Enter key and wait to complete the command process.
- Now, reboot the Windows machine.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding trendmicro.com/activation and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.