Mobile apps have taken over our daily lives in a major way. From buying clothes to searching for jobs and software solutions, there is nothing that cannot be found with the click of a button. So, why should the education system be left behind?
All those schools that have implemented school ERP software have also included a mobile application for the said portal. Since almost everyone has access to a smartphone. Right from a young age, children are exposed to them and are able to comprehend the multiple features of such devices. They start with watching videos and playing games and proceed further to downloading and uploading files without any assistance. Therefore, using educational technology tools will come easy to them. So, it is a win-win situation for the schools as well as the students and parents, too.
Following are some of the attributes that make mobile applications the better choice for schools that are looking for the best way to impart education:
- Interesting- Since children are fascinated by mobile devices since their childhood, learning with apps will keep up their interest when compared to books. These are colorful, entertaining and educational, at the same time. Therefore, they spend more time on such tools and can learn better and faster.
- Interactive- At the time of educational app development, software experts ensure that the app is interactive. This is another reason for students being actively engaged in such mobile applications. If they find something that answers their queries on a real-time basis, this saves a lot of time and effort as well.
- Available- We carry our smartphones throughout the day. They are our constant companions. So, whenever children have any doubts with regards to their lessons, etc, they can log in using relevant credentials and get started. This can be done even when they are on the go. So, such educational technology tools should be considered by small, medium and large educational institutions.
- Unlimited- Students who wish to know more about a particular subject can do so with the help of the ideal mobile application. There is an availability of unlimited resources which can be perused without any glitches. Instead of the knowledge that can be had just from school books, they have access to multiple avenues.
- Easy- When creating such solutions, eLearning application development companies make sure that the user-interface is easy. Since children are the main users of such apps, it makes sense to make them convenient and without any complexities. Furthermore, if teachers and parents find the system per their liking, they will also be able to explain to the students in a better way.
- Paperless- Everything is available online. There is no need to buy special books in order to keep up with their peers. This is a paperless method and hence, is environmentally friendly. Another advantage of keeping it a paperless solution is that it is cost-effective. A lot of money is saved since books do not have to be bought and stored for future reference.
- Secure-Since only those with the correct credentials can log in to the portal and access the information, it is a secure solution. There is a lot of sensitive information that can be used by fraudulent perpetrators and hence, having a safe system is crucial.
- Compact- Since it is a mobile application, it is compact. A whole learning database can be encompassed in a compact device and this can is the best possible way, going forward.
- All-inclusive- In addition to the educational information, such school ERP software is the best for teachers and parents as well. Teachers are able to use multiple tools such as video conferencing, audio files and can share their teachings easily on a single platform. Parents can keep a tab on the progress of their children and check the notifications as soon as they are sent.
In the current times when schools are closed for several months owing to the coronavirus pandemic, there is a need for an alternative method to keep up the education of children. Online learning is the solution that most schools have taken up. In such a situation, it is ideal that mobile applications are also developed at the same time so that when there are no laptops or desktops available, portable devices can be used for the purpose.