Are you planning a social media marketing strategy for your brand, right?
I found a great data about social media statistics that’ll help you to draw an unbeatable social media marketing strategy for 2020. In this blog, I covered all the key points that will surely encourage you to know more.
Social networking is everywhere. It is unavoidable, it is strong, and it is must remind!
Since 2004, social websites has been growing exponentially and There is no doubt that social media platforms are the significant source of news and data.
Social networking platforms are not only responsible to interact with the clients but its a platform for users to communicate beyond local and it also offers to share user-generated content, such as videos and creative photos.
But the question is, is it worth investing in social networking for your business?
Is social networking marketing is a perfect plan in 2020?
With popular social networking platforms growing in terms of size but each platform has a special audience.
I’m sure, this latest social media statistics will help to improve your marketing skills/plans of your company with social media.
- Which is the best social media marketing platform for your brand?
- How many social media posts to update per day?
- What is the average time spent on Facebook or Instagram?
- What is the average engagement statistics of LinkedIn?
So whether you are doing a small/medium business, surely you will need a social media team or an expert marketer to build perfect social media presence - these marketing insights are perfect to understand the changing dynamics of major social platforms.
So, how are you planning to use these statistics to your benefits in 2020?
Table of Contents
- Facebook Statistics
- Twitter Statistics
- Instagram Statistics
- LinkedIn Statistics
- Snapchat Statistics
Social Media Statistics & Trends
- There are 3.81 billion social media users worldwide
- In America, 8 out of 10 people are using social media platforms.
- Internet users on social media have an average of 8 accounts
- 81% of small and medium businesses have social media accounts
- Social media advertisers spent $36.14 billion in the United States in 2019.
- It’s expected that social advertising worldwide will grow to $84 billion this year
- People between the ages of 55 and 64 are more than twice as likely to engage with a brand’s content
- Engagement rates are 18% higher on Thursdays and Fridays
- Of the people who discuss a brand on social media, 96% of them do not follow the brand
- 31% of marketers haven’t been able to show the impact of social at all, much less point to real ROI.
- Only 40% of Fortune 500 CEOs are present on any of the 7 major social media networks
- 77% of small businesses use social media to promote their businesses
- 68% of Americans get news on social media platforms 18% of U.S. adults overall use social media as their most common news pathway
Do you have any idea about how many people are using Facebook? Below these insightful statistics will get to know more about Facebook marketing with the help of popular Facebook publishing tools.
- The largest social media network has a monthly active user base of 2.6 billion
- 79% of Americans online use Facebook
- Facebook users spend an average of 38 minutes on the social network daily
- 74% of American Facebook users say they use the social platform at least once a day
- The average Facebook user has 155 friends
- Facebook Average Revenue Per User is $6.95 for Q1 2020 versus $8.52 for Q4 2019 which would appear to be directly connected to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- About half of American teens use Facebook
- 43% of U.S. adults get news from Facebook
- Facebook boasts of 90 million active business pages
- There are 7 million active advertisers on the social media network
- There are 8 billion average video views on Facebook daily Twitter
Facebook Top Brands
- Coca-Cola’s Facebook page has 107.4 million likes.
- Tasty’s Facebook page has 97.6 million likes.
- McDonald's Facebook page has 80 million likes.
- Netflix’s Facebook page has 61 million likes.
- Converse’s Facebook page has 46 million followers.
Twitter has now become an important medium to stay up to date with the worldly on-goings! Either from every politician, celebrity to smallest brands, have their presence on Twitter.
Did you know that having your brand's presence can increase your customer base or loyalty both? Well, need much more to explore, read on these social media stats to get a piece of better information about this platform.
- Twitter has a monthly active user base of 330 million
- Twitter’s total revenue in Q4 2019 reached 1,01 billion U.S. dollars
- An average Twitter user has 707 followers
- Twitter users send over 500 million tweets daily
- 22% of US adults use Twitter
- Only 11.2% of retail brands respond to users’ questions within an hour
- 78% of Twitter users expect brands to respond to their complaints within an hour
Twitter Top Brands
- Playstation’s Twitter profile reigns as the most-followed brand with 17.5 million followers.
- Xbox’s Twitter profile has 13.7 million followers.
- Chanel’s Twitter profile has 13.2 million followers.
- Samsung Mobile’s Twitter profile has 12.1 million followers.
- Starbucks’s Twitter profile has 11.3 million followers.
- Victoria Secret’s Twitter profile has 11.1 million followers.
Instagram is much more than just a social media platform to interact with the audience. Here are the best amazing social media stats to know the right information of this platform, utilize it to increase your Instagram marketing strategies, create engaging posts, and scheduling using Instagram marketing tools.
- This platform has 1 billion monthly active users
- 89% of users are outside the US
- 4% of female and 43.6% of male U.S. internet users are on Instagram
- 63% of Americans use Instagram
- 67% of U.S. millennials use Instagram daily
- Instagram users share more than over 100 million photos and videos daily
- There are 500 million daily active Instagram stories users
- There are two million monthly advertisers on Instagram
- Time spent watching video on Instagram is up more than 80% year over year
- 62% of Instagram users say they have become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in Stories
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business on the platform
Instagram Top Brands
- The most followed brand on Instagram is Nike with 96.9 million followers.
- Victoria's Secret has 68.7 million followers on Instagram.
- Huda beauty has 40.2 million followers on Instagram.
- Gucci has 38.5 million followers on Instagram.
- Chanel has 38.2 million followers on Instagram.
Every business theories need to start showing more intimate content but with the same professional manner. Nowadays, a lot of companies, as well as employees, consider a reputed profile on the LinkedIn platform.
Here are some social media stats of LinkedIn -
- LinkedIn has over 690 million users
- LinkedIn had 160 million users in the U.S. in April 2020 alone
- 1 in 4 American uses LinkedIn
- 97% of B2B marketers claim they use LinkedIn as part of their digital marketing mix
- 59% of marketers claim LinkedIn generate leads for them
- There are 90 million senior-level influencers and 63 million decision-makers on LinkedIn
- About 51% of college graduates in the United States are LinkedIn users
- 45% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75,000 per year, which is above the national median in the United States
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective at generating leads than Facebook and Twitter.
- LinkedIn hosts 14 million active job postings
LinkedIn Top Brands
- Ted Conferences has 14.9 million followers.
- Google has 14.3 million followers.
- Amazon has 11.08 million followers.
- LinkedIn has 10.23 million followers.
- Microsoft has 9.3 million followers.
It is one of the most popular driven platforms, Snapchat, is the first social media network to introduce the 'Stories'.
It is the 5th most downloaded social media app worldwide, helps brands to connect with users in their geographic areas.
Here are some interesting Snapchat statistics, make sure you will be adding this.
- There are 18 billion video views on Snapchat daily
- 44% of American teens consider Snapchat as their favourite social media app as of 2020
- 34% of American adults are on Snapchat
- 53% of U.S. millennials use Snapchat daily
- Snapchat’s Average Revenue per User (ARPU) is $2.02 as of Q4 2020
- 39% of Gen Y men use Snapchat compared to roughly 61% of Gen Y women
- As of 2020, Snapchat is the 7th most popular mobile social networking app in the US
- 57% of brand content on Snapchat is video.
- 2,083,333 Snaps are sent per minute
- Snapchat has 88 million daily active users in North America, 70 million users in Europe, and 60 million in the rest of the world
Pinterest is the most creative kind of platform to your ideas and inspiration catalogue. With its amazing compilation of ideas needs to future technology, a business of any domain can curate a creative campaign out of it
- 335 million people use Pinterest every month
- 60% of new signups on Pinterest are women while men account for 40%.
- 90 million Pinterest users are in the U.S. while 277 million are outside the U.S.
- 50% of millennials say Pinterest inspired them to make their dreams come true
- 28% of all US social media users are Pinterest users
- 80% of all pins on Pinterest repins.
- 5% of Pinterest users in the United States are women
- Pinterest has more than 367 million monthly active users as of the first quarter of 2020
- Pinterest market value is $10.67 billion in May of 2020
- 40% of New Signups on Pinterest are Men; 60% New Signups are Women.
Pinterest Top Brands
- Most Popular categories for men are Food, Drink and Technology.
- Art Supplies, Art, and Hobbies are the top categories in the US.
To Sum up
The interesting thing about these statistics is that the figures/numbers say more than paragraphs. One general evident is that social media serves more function than just connecting individuals for personal relationships, it is beyond that. It also helps businesses acquire more customers and serve them better.
This blog is originally published here
Shikha Sharma received a Master's degree in Computer science and now she is working as Content Marketing Strategist at Xtreem Solution, leading towing app development company. Her professional interest is focused on grabbing Knowledge. She is very passionate about her profession. Apart from this, she is a coffee lover & nature lover. She loves to read books and also crazy about photography, travelling, adventure trips and pastel rainbows.