iTunes is a multi-utilitarian application that can do anything from streaming music to organizing files on your device. It is the go-to media player for Apple and macOS users but those with Windows devices also enjoy the app. However, if you are unable to connect to the iTunes server, you may have tried to run diagnostics to locate or troubleshoot the error. In this case, you may get the message “Secure Link to iTunes Store Failed.” Here are a few solutions to fix this error:
Upgrade Your Operating System
If you are using an Apple device, here is how to upgrade the iOS.
- Firstly, begin by charging the device and then connect it a high-speed and stable WiFi network.
- Thereafter, invoke the Settings of the device then select your name.
- You should choose the iCloud option then select the iCloud Backup option.
- Later, click on the button of Backup Now.
- Then, you have to wait to finish the backup procedure.
- Once you finish the backup procedure, launch the Settings app of the device.
- You have to select the General option then choose the Software Update option.
- Afterwards, download the latest update of the iOS device and install it.
- Now, once you finish the updating process, check for the issue.
Windows users can go to their settings, check for “Update & Security” and upgrade the OS.
Turn off the VPN Client
If you are using a VPN, you should follow these instructions given below:
- Firstly, shut the iTunes on the PC and stop each associated process via the Task Manager.
- After that, turn off and shut the VPN client but don’t forget to check no VPN associated process is performing in the Task Manager.
- Now, invoke the iTunes and look at whether the problem is fixed.
Check Time and Date of the Devices
Get the time and date right in the following manner:
- Firstly, you have to shut the iTunes on your screen.
- Thereafter, invoke the Settings app on the device then choose the General option.
- You should select the ‘Date and Time’ option then turn off the ‘Set Automatic.’
- Later, set the time and date as you want.
- Don’t forget to check the time zone is correctly set.
- Finally, invoke the iTunes then look at whether it is removing the secure link issue.
Fix the QuickTime Installation
You should follow these instructions given below:
- Go to the Windows Search section on your system.
- After that, input ‘Control Panel’ into it and select the OK button.
- Then you should launch the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Later, choose the QuickTime option and select the button of Repair.
- Once you finish the QuickTime repairing process, reboot the system.
- After rebooting the system, check the issue.
Fix the iTunes Installation
Here are the steps to fix the iTunes installation:
- Navigate to the Windows key, and right-click on it then choose the Settings option.
- Then select the Apps option.
- You should choose the iTunes option then select the ‘Advanced Options.’
- Later, move down then select the button of Repair.
- Once fix the iTunes installation, check the error.
So, whether you are an Apple/macOS user or a Windows user, the above solutions can help in most situations. If nothing helps, try uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes app again.
Ava Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee products at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : iTunes