Here are some best practices that can increase your app adoption and improve its chances of success.
- Keep Your Target Audience in Mind: Avoid going with a one-size-fits-all approach. App users are highly discerning, and you need a certain degree of individualization to please them. If your iOS app development is customer facing, you can segment your audience on the basis of location, preference and/or in-app behavior. Incorporating features focused on these would boost app adoption. If you’re creating an enterprise app, segment the audience based on position or profile in the company.
- Use the Latest OS Version: Apple's iOS 11.3 for iPhone and iPad is a big deal as it fixes issues with iOS 11 while adding a battery health function to track and halt performance throttling activities. New versions of iOS are released regularly, and every release makes the previous one obsolete. Although it’s a good idea to have backward compatibility, focus on the current version and ensure your app functions smoothly with that.
- Use Xcode: Xcode is an IDE provided by Apple that has all essential tools needed foriOS mobile app development. This program was designed and built from the ground up, leveraging the latest Apple technologies.
- Support the Main Devices: If your app is meant to be used by customers, you’d probably focus your iOS app development on the iPhone. However, most enterprise and business apps are built for iPads. The difference in screen size between these two devices need some tweaks in your app design and coding.
- Ensure Coding is Consistent:When the code is written in a way that it looks the same, understanding it is easier and faster. This is a boon in case app updates are needed in the future. This helps any developer to understand the coding and update it seamlessly. So, whether coding adopts the existing code standards or establishes new ones, it should follow a common programming approach.
- Adopt Event-Driven Programming: In event-driven programming, the flow of program execution is determined by events. Following this programming paradigm helps in presupposing specific events that help programmers determine the flow of the app by identifying and understanding the logic behind the interactions. These help developers to create apps with a strong focus on the UI.
- Deploy Reusable Components: iOS mobile app development has been made easier with the availability of a large number of libraries and frameworks. These can be used to solve various issues. Moreover, if you use a mobile app development platform, there would be several workflow-specific components that can be reused to create your enterprise app. Such measures significantly reduce the amount of effort and cost of building the same features from scratch.
With these iOS mobile app development tips, your efforts may boost app adoption and retention.
- Build Cloud-based Mobile Apps with HokuApps
- 5 Ways HokuApps Transforming an App Development Industry With AI