Email templates are straightforward to use and offer multiple benefits to its user. They save you a lot of time as templates process the repetitive answers in seconds, and you don’t have to re-write the answers of the same questions repetitively. Using templates increases your response time and helps you improve your sales numbers. Templates are highly useful for managers and team leaders who are constantly bombarded with the same set of questions again and again.
In this article, we will mention how you can create and use email templates in Gmail:
Steps to create an email template
- Login in to your Gmail account and then tap on the cog icon on the top right corner.
- Go to the “See all settings” option and open the “Advanced” tab.
- Once you scroll down, you will see the “Templates” option. Click on it and then “Enable” the templates option.
- After that, click on the “Save Changes.”
- Now, go back to your Gmail inbox and click on the “Compose” option.
- From here, you can start drafting your template, and once you are done, you can save it for further use. To access your saved templates, click on the three dots on your screen’s bottom right corner.
- Once you are done, you can select the “Templates” from options and click on “Save draft as a template.”
- Then, click on “Save as a new template.”
- Once you click on “Save as a new template,” you can start using your saved templates. But first, you have to type a name for your template, which will appear in your subject line. After that, click on the “Save” button.
- You have to overwrite a template if you want to make changes to an existing template. Draft the corrected email and click on the name of the template you want to change under the “Overwrite Template.”
- After that, a pop-up window will appear, asking you to overwrite the saved template. You can confirm the changes by tapping on the “Save” button.
- If you want to delete a template, go to the “Templates” option and click on the “Delete Template” button. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the changes.
Steps for using a saved template
- To use a saved template in your Gmail account, click on the “Compose” option for a new message.
- Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner and open the “Templates.”
- After choosing a suitable template, you can use it as a new message and edit it before sending it.
- Once you are ready to send, click on the “Send” button.
Steps to send templates automatically
Gmail enables you to arrange filters that will automatically send a specific template in the form of a reply to particular questions. You can set this feature by selecting which email you want to attend and then choose a template for that. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set-up this feature:
- Go to the right side of the search bar and click on the arrow pointing downwards.
- Fill the required fields and click on “Create filter.”
- After that, click the box next to “Send template” and click on “Choose templates.”
- From the drop-down menu, select the template you want to use and click on “Create filter.”
Note: Make sure you don’t use your email signature in the template; otherwise, it will appear twice on your email.
Gmail templates can be handy if you address repetitive emails daily. Using templates can save you a lot of time and energy, and they are easy to set. You can follow the points as mentioned above to create and set templates as per your convenience.
Source:- How to Use Email Templates in Gmail