It is no secret that how Big Data has evolved in recent years and has been impacting and easing the different operations of leading organizations. Several industries have already utilized the benefits offered by the implementation of Big Data. And this has eventually instigated the growing need of professionals versed in Big Data Analytics.
What is Big Data Analytics?
Big Data Analytics enables to analyze the enormous amount of data or Big Data being generated and later being collected by the organizations and various industries. However, the ultimate motto behind figuring out these huge data is to unveil patterns and connections that might be beneficial in recognizing new opportunities and business scopes along with enabling them to make smarter business decisions.
“Data is useless without the skill to analyze it.”
–Jeanne Harris, Lecturer at Columbia University in the City of New York
The Soaring Big Data Analytics Market
- NASSCOM in its report – “Future Skills”, claimed that new technologies such as AI and Big Data/Analytics are projected to give rise to ~800,000 job roles by 2021, which was ~510,000 in 2018.
- The Big Data and business analytics (BDA) solutions are expected to reach $189.1 billion in 2019 and by 2022, BDA revenue is projected to attain $274.3 billion worldwide.
- India being counted among top 10 Big Data Analytics markets in the world, Big Data Analytics sector in India is all set to witness eight-fold growth by reaching $16 billion by 2025.
“If Big Data can be put to cutting-edge use for our corporations and clients, it can very well be a catalyst for the economy and the country.”
–Keshav R Murugesh, CEO at WNS Global Services and Chairman of Nasscom
Is Big Data Analytics a good career?
The above-mentioned facts might have already given you a fair idea regarding the opportunities associated with career in Big Data Analytics and the urgent need to enrolling into Big Data Analytics Course right now. Still not convinced? Check out the points below!
- According to a latest report, around 97,000 positions related to analytics and data science are vacant- out of which 97% of job openings are in India.
- Analytics India Magazine, in its study – “Analytics and Data Science Jobs In India 2019” stated that the top industries embracing analytics include: Banking & Financial sector with 38% analytics-related job postings and e-commerce sector with 12% of analytics jobs.
- The Quant Crunch Report– conducted for IBM and Business-Higher Education Forum forecasted that there will be 2.7 million Big Data and analytics positions open by 2020.
Quick facts for Big Data aspirants
- Spanning from 2016 to 2019, there has been a striking growth in median salary for analytics professionals across all experience levels- which increased from INR 9.5 lakh per annum in 2016 to INR 12.6 lakh per annum across all experience levels in 2019. However, the mid-level analytics professionals reportedly earn between the bracket of INR 6 lakh to 25 lakh per annum in 2019 and the senior managerial level professionals get salary of INR 25 lakh onwards.
- The senior analytics leaders holding 12 years of experience can expect almost 60% increase in their salaries.
- Analytics professionals apparently get remuneration 26 percent higher than software engineers in India.
- Hadoop, Data Mining, SQL Database Querying are some of the skills and expertise you should consider earning, before getting into Big Data Analytics jobs.
- The top designations in Big Data Analytics are Business Analyst, Research Analyst, Data Analyst, SAS Analyst, Hadoop Developer and so on.
While the job opportunities of Big Data analysts have been multiplying with the passing time, there is a prominently visible scarcity of skilled professionals. So, what are you waiting for? Build the relevant skills through professional IT Courses and venture into the promising Big Data field.
However, if you are working professionals and worrying about your busy schedules, our flexible and customizable corporate training has got you covered!