Microsoft is the most popular tech company, and it is pretty good at promoting its products and services. For instance, with the Windows 10 operating system, it promotes its search engine called Bing. Bing search engine is one of the inbuilt features of the Windows 10 operating system that you can find in the Start Menu. Whenever you search for anything in the Windows Start Menu, by default, it sends everything to their servers and picks up the result from the Bing search engine. So, it is better to be careful while typing anything in the Windows Start Menu. Or there is another way, and that is disabling Bing’s Start Menu functionality. No doubt, it is a handy feature. But, it cannot be useful all the time for all the users. So, disabling this feature is the perfect option.
Earlier, it was possible to turn off the feature by disabling the BingSearchEnabled key in the Registry. But later, with the 2004 Windows update, this option was removed. Do you also want to disable this inbuilt Bing search functionality? Don’t know how to do so? Don’t worry. Many users don’t know the way. And to help you to sort out the technique, we have come up with this article. Here, in the following report, we have provided you with the methods through which you can easily disable the Bing in the Windows 10 Start Menu. So, please keep on reading the report to get the ways.
The Ways for Disabling the Bing in the Windows 10 Start Menu
There are multiple ways through which any Windows 10 user can easily disable the Bing Search feature in the Windows Start Menu. And here, we have mentioned two different methods that will help you to complete the task. Both of the techniques are simple and convenient. So, now all you need to do is go through these step-by-step processes. Let’s start by discussing the first method. Take a look below:
If you use the home version of Windows 10, then you can use this method. According to this procedure, you will need to edit the Registry. Here’s how this method works:
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button and then in the search bar, type “Regedit”. Now, hit the enter key.
- And now, go to the following path: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer”. You might need to create the explorer key if you haven’t created one.
- Now, select the options of “Edit>New>DWORD(32-bit value)”. And then name it as “DisableSearchBoxSuggestions”. After this, set the value as 1.
And now, restart your computer system to confirm the changes.
If you are using the professional version of Windows 10, then you can follow this method:
- Here, you will have to use the key combination that is “Windows + R” keys. And then in the search box, enter “gpedit.msc”. And now, press the enter key.
- And now, go to the following path: “User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\File Explorer”.
- After this, double-click on the policy labeled as “Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box”.
- Next, select the option of “Disabled” and complete the process by clicking on the “Ok” button. Now, restart your computer or at least explorer to see the changes that you have made.
So, these were the methods that you can use to disable the Bing search in the Windows 10 Start menu. Try out any of these procedures now if you also want to disable this feature. And in case, if you face any difficulties, then please let us know. And don’t forget to take a tour of our website.