The upholstery looks absolutely great and can be very cozy. Although they can be a major nightmare when it comes to cleaning. Spills are bound to happen from time to time and, unless you want to adorn your upholstery with those beautiful plastic covers, you are going to need to know how to clean them just like upholstery cleaning services. To reclaim your upholstery’s lounge-worthy status, here are some techniques that can help you professional results.
How To Clean A Stained Upholstery
If your upholstery has a tag indicating an “X”, you should only vacuum it with an attachment. If it is tagged with an “S”, it requires a solvent-based cleaner that should be clearly labeled with the directions you need for those particular products. The cleaning instructions below should only be used for upholstery with tags marked “W” or “WS.” You will need the following items and ingredients suggest by the highly opted upholstery cleaning services near me:
- A vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment.
- At least three light-colored microfiber cloths that won’t bleed on your sofa.
- Liquid dish soap.
- Distilled water.
- Distilled white vinegar.
- A bucket.
- Vacuum your upholstery, do not rub the dirt or debris while cleaning.
- In the bucket, mix about 2 cups of distilled water with 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth with your cleaning solution.
- Gently blot any stained areas with the cloth. Don’t rub or scrub. This can damage the fibers.
- Moisten a fresh microfiber cloth with distilled water (don’t use dishwashing liquid), and blot the affected area to remove any remaining soap.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, blot the area one more time.
- Point a fan on the area to make sure it dries completely.
Note: The minerals in tap water can leave residue behind. Try Internet search to yield plenty of DIY instructions on distilling water, or you can find an inexpensive jug at almost any grocery store.
The most opted upholstery cleaning services near me, also suggests you should always spot test homemade solutions on a small, inconspicuous area of the material before you begin cleaning.
About the author:
I am a professional blogger. In the above article, I have shared my views and tips, and instructions on how to clean your upholstery just like a professional upholstery cleaning service.