Virtual Private Network is an intranet service that connects a device to another network securely. Most businesses provide internal or external intranet for easy accessibility. VPN supports PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec. If you are authorized to access a private intranet offered by your company, then you can easily access anything even while on the go or from anywhere globally. Your company can apply restrictions and security to the VPN service if needed.
If you don’t know how to setup VPN on your iPhone or iPad, then follow these straightforward steps:
Configuring VPN on iOS Devices
Here are the steps to configure your VPN service on iPad or iPhone:
- The first thing you need to do is to select a compatible VPN service provider like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, etc.
- Then, you need to create your account and then install the relevant app on your device.
- After that, launch the app and log in to your VPN account.
- Once you have successfully signed into the account, you will be asked to allow the app to add a VPN configuration to your device. Then, hit the Allow button to configure your VPN on your iOS device.
- Now, type the secure passcode or enter Touch ID to allow modifying the VPN settings.
- When the VPN is activated, you can easily choose and connect the same at any time without opening the app again.
- Now, launch the Settings page to set up a VPN on your device.
- Once the Settings page successfully launched on your device, tap the General option.
- Next, hit the VPN tab there.
- In case you have multiple VPN options, then hit the particular VN client you like to use.
- Now, turn the VPN status to ON. You will see a green bar.
- You can turn the VPN service by toggling the bar towards off mode.
Manually Configuring VPN on your iOS Device
You can easily configure your VPN client manually with login details in hand. Here is how:
- First of all, open the Settings app on your gadget.
- Then, press the General button there.
- Hit the VPN tab and then press the option “Add VPN Configuration.”
- Press the Type option.
- Choose your VPN type from the given choices:
- In case you want to cancel all these things, then hit the Cancel tab.
- Type the VPN settings info like server and remote ID details.
- Input verification details like your username and password.
- Activate the proxy VPN by hitting the Auto or manual tab based on your choice.
- Then, press the Done tab.
- Navigate to the section of VPN Configurations and then toggle the Status bar to On.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup