The Android mobile app development sphere is a hotbed of opportunities for developers. Beginners in this industry get to dabble with a variety of user demands based on current trends, some that go on to become a ‘viral’ phenomenon. However, before you get busy in the pursuit of building the next sought-after Android application, here are a few fundamentals to keep in mind. Development Skill Set The two key programming languages associated with Android mobile app development are Java and XML. Competence in these languages will pave the way for building an engaging Android app. Java programming can be classified into packages, inheritances and interfaces, concurrency, objects and classes, strings, numbers, and collections. A significant portion of the Android operating software itself is written in Java while most of the APIs are called from Java as well. Access the Right Tools for Development For starters, in order to develop an application on the Android mobile app development platform, you need to submit an APK and register as an Android developer. Once this is done, the Android app development platform furnishes a Software Development Kit (SDK), which contains simple & easy-to-use tools for app development that are free of any licensing fee. Android mobile app development requires a certain degree of familiarity with automation tools as well as an integrated development environment. Seasoned developers recommend Android app studio IDE and Eclipse for basic development tools that will improve coding at the beginner level. Component Knowledge Most companies that undertake Android mobile app development acknowledge that component-based development improves project ROI and enables greater part re-usability. Components are the essential building blocks of an app that demarcate different point of entry in the mobile application. Five types of components perform the different functions in the app. These include activities, servers, content providers, broadcast receivers, and core activating components.
- Activities include components that form the user experience on the mobile screen.
- Services represent the components that run in the periphery of the mobile application in a non-intrusive manner.
- Content providers manage all the host data in different formats in files, on the web, or in the app.
- Broadcast receivers manage the app notifications on the user’s phone, without interrupting the occurring interface.
- Activating components synchronize the app components for smooth functioning on the app. A new developer needs to understand these different components in the app in order to excel at mobile app development.
Few More Success Stories about HokuApps :