Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6073 (Unable to Open Company File)
QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001 is usually seen when the user tries to open the company file in multi-user mode. This error code comes up with an error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so you can both use the company file at the same time”.
You may see the following error message on your screen:
If you are also facing this QuickBooks error code 6073, make sure to read this post carefully till the end, or you can also get in touch with technical support to get a quick assistance. The accounting experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide best support services immediately.
What leads to QuickBooks error 6073?
The user could end up in QuickBooks error 6073, due to the following factors:
- The file is open on another system in single user mode
- Or the file is being in a read only network folder
- Or the records are hosted on a Linux server and are using multiple login credentials to sign on to the shared folder
- The document is accessed with the help of remote operating system
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001?
The user can resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073 using the steps below, especially when someone opens the company file on another system in single user mode:
- First of all, the user needs to close QuickBooks in all the systems
- And then, open the company file using the host system
- Now, switch to multi-user mode from the file menu
- And lastly, reboot all the workstations
Steps in case the company file is open in single user mode on host system
- The user will have to move to the file menu and select close company
- After that, reopen the company file
- And from the file menu select open or restore company
- The next step is to open a company file and click on next
- The last step is to select the company file and open file in multi-user mode and click on open
The above steps might be enough to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. However, if you continue to face the issue, then in that case you can call QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. And the U.S based industries best accounting professionals and ProAdvisors will provide you with quick assistance.