Gone are the days when people preferred to step out and pick grocery items from a store. Today, obtaining groceries from the store of your choice is just a finger click away, thanks to the modern-day Grocery apps. People started using Grocery apps in the last decade itself, but owing to the pandemic situation in 2020, the shopping trends underwent a massive transformation. Online grocery ordering has become a general trend and people are highly dependent on digitally operated grocery delivery services.
The year 2020 has witnessed an emergence of new Grocery Delivery Apps as well as the popularity of the existing ones. This is because most of the existent grocery outlets have started offering online delivery services in a bid to retain their customers. Even start-ups are hiring grocery app development services to exploit the market demand for grocery delivery apps. So in this article, let us have a peek into India’s most sought-after grocery delivery apps.
Popular Grocery Delivery Apps
Amazon Pantry is a grocery service provided by Amazon, the eCommerce giant. It offers top-quality daily need items and fresh groceries. Its delivery services are fast and the users can even schedule a delivery date as per their convenience. Also, users can avail of frequent discounts and offers. Besides, people who already have an existing Amazon account do not need to create a new one for accessing Amazon Pantry.
Big Basket happens to be one of the oldest and most popular online supermarkets in India offering doorstep delivery. More than 6 million users trust this grocery delivery app today. Its key offerings are:
- A huge collection of diverse products like farm-fresh fruits and veggies, dairy products, quality spices, beverages, staples, products on personal care, household utility items, etc.
- Availability of discounts and offers quite often
- 10% refund on instances when the order doesn’t reach customers within the given timeline.
- Customers belonging to the bb popular and bb royal categories are not questioned about returns
- Various payment options like eWallets, cash-on-delivery; net banking, etc. are offered.
- Availability of services in seven local languages, across 25+ Indian cities
- Provides customers a virtual trip across local shops within a 6 km radius in respect to the customer’s location.
- Products from local shops are then delivered within 80 minutes of placing the order.
- The items delivered comprise groceries, bakery products, electronics, home care products, flowers, cosmetics, pet care items, baby care products, etc.
- Goods are delivered in cardboard boxes or environment-friendly sacks.
Nature’s basket provides fresh and good quality food staples, frequent discounts, and value offers, an express delivery speed of 3 hours, and numerous payment alternatives. It also provides regular updates about trending stuff to customers via notifications.
A joint venture of Hypercity Retail and Aditya Birla, ZopNow is growing at a fast pace in India. Have a look at its offerings.
- No minimum order limit for being eligible for home delivery
- Products delivered within 3 hours of ordering
- Comes with an easy-to-use interface
- The presence of a hassle-free return policy and the amount is refunded within 24 hours of the return.
The tech giant Flipkart has introduced its grocery delivery app named Flipkart Supermarket. This app has garnered customer attraction owing to its exclusive offers like selling specific grocery items below INR 1.
Dunzo delivers grocery, vegetables and fruits, meat, seafood, household essentials, organic products, and also items on baby care, pet care, personal care, beauty, and wellness, etc. within 45 minutes of placing the order, from the grocery outlets in and around the customer’s location.
Reliance Fresh Direct
A sub-category of the well-known retailer Reliance, Reliance Fresh Direct, delivers top-grade groceries and essentials through major Indian cities. It has a giant customer base.
DMart is a reputed brand and its grocery shopping app is actively operating in Mumbai and Bangalore. It sells fresh fruits, vegetables, and other essential food items. It offers attractive policies regarding return and refund for damaged items. Their app is available for iOS and Android platforms.
Spencer’s Online Grocery
This store operates across India’s major cities and provides over 10000 products for multiple categories like dairy, fruits and veggies, bread, FMCG, etc. Its online, as well as offline presence, is noteworthy. Its mobile app is available on both Android and iOS.
This is a customized grocery delivery application that requires just a couple of swipes and clicks for finalizing the order. Thus, it enhances the shopping experience and also saves customers valuable time. It has secured its position amongst the top 5 grocery delivery apps in India.
PaytmMall is also an emerging online service providing super-value delivery services of commodities such as daily essentials, food staples, and ready to cook foodstuff, to name a few. The advantages include quick delivery, hassle-free returns, and various payment options including COD (Cash On Delivery).
It is evident how online grocery services are trying to build customer loyalty by offering prompt services, quality products, and other perks. Furthermore, the success stories of these Grocery delivery apps reiterate the upward trend for this market, amidst the situation when most other sectors are experiencing a downtrend. This is indeed quite inspiring for newbie entrepreneurs planning to start their grocery app development project.
If you are one amongst them, reach out toBiz4Solutions, a noteworthy mobile app development company providing elite grocery app development services to customers across the globe. Write to us at [email protected]