Martial arts are combat techniques of oriental origin, which are very ancient, and are used for defense and fighting. But those who practice it seriously also exercise the harmony of the body, mind, and spirit, incorporating philosophical currents in their different disciplines and that are transmitted generationally, perfecting their style and way of thinking and living. Most of them come from China and Japan, such as Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, or judo.
Knowing a little more Brazilian jiu-jitsu
Brazilian jiu-jitsu is an adaptation that was made in Brazil of the original sport from Japan. This is a very useful fighting style for real combat engagements. But it combines martial arts, self-defense systems, and combat sport all rolled into one.
You can find new schools that teach this art. It is a sport, which is growing as a martial art, it is focused on hand-to-hand fighting since it is a contact sport. Two people on the ground do it. These are moves that combine takedowns and throws, blocks, and submissions.
In any case, this sport does not seek to harm the rival, but rather immobilize it. It is also a philosophy of life, improving physical and mental form, and learning to defend oneself against an attack, which even being a small and small person, can dominate a much larger one.
Martial scientist, MMA coach, and 6th Degree Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, Prof. Adiv is a strong advocate of Brazilian jiu-jitsu in facilitating individuals reap physical benefits, such as instill self-defense skills and techniques, as well as psychological balance.
Professor Adiv inspires learning and training of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, as it remains a fundamental self-defense technique. Self-defense is a much needed skill, acquiring which can help individuals be confident in their abilities to fight through physical assault or criminal approaches. It is also significant in helping children in schools fend off bullies, developing a culture of restraint against bullying.
Benefits obtained with your practice
Among the mental benefits of practicing this sport can be mentioned:
- Security: Allows you to be safer on the streets, with less fear of an attack, and also improve self-esteem.
- Stronger Mindset: Through concentration and patience, more inner peace and tranquility is also felt.
- Discipline: Through discipline in practice, you get more discipline in personal life.
- Acquire respect: This sport teaches respect for the other person and responsibility, companionship, and humility.
- Control stress: In this sport, many aerobic and anaerobic exercises are practiced, which eliminates tensions, which reduces levels of stress and anxiety.
Who can practice Jiu-jitsu?
This sport can be practiced by people of all ages since, due to the benefits it generates, it benefits all people who practice it regardless of their age. In the classes, Jiu-Jitsu adult working a lot with physical exercise, which favors the cardiovascular system, and stretching, muscles. But it favors certain points in particular that are related to the physical part:
- Weight loss: burning fat, without loss of muscle, causes weight loss.
- Increase strength: with the movements of the sport, you gain physical strength and endurance.
- Flexibility: With training and over time, the body becomes more flexible.
- Cardiovascular capacity: aerobic exercises favor the cardiovascular system.
- Lung capacity: by controlling breathing in aerobic exercises, lung capacity is increased
- Improves general physical condition: BJJ is a sport that significantly improves physique in adults for all the benefits mentioned.
Classes for adults in jiu-jitsu schools allow for these health benefits. You can choose a basic program or an advanced one. The classes are based on warm-up, a technical explanation, specific work on various techniques, and basic combat.
It is a very beneficial sport for children
Jiu-jitsu classes for children are also given in the new schools of this discipline, in an atmosphere of fun and camaraderie. Through this sport, children learn values, respect, and improve their personality. It is also advisable for those children who suffer from bullying so that they learn to defend themselves.
Jiu-jitsu sport for the little ones offers important benefits:
- It favors motor skills: helping the child to have greater mobility.
- Stimulates the mind: children have to decide which technique to use in the different combat movements, so it stimulates their reflexes and minds.
- It offers them confidence and security in themselves: as in adults, this discipline helps them face different situations with security and confidence in themselves, removing fears.
It is a highly recommended sport for people of all ages to practice. In addition to all that has been said, it favors mental agility. It has points in common with chess, having to think about the strategy of movements.