For a student who is about to go to university in Ontario, a reliable OUAC guidance is a must. After all, the Ontario University Applications Centre is one of the crucial steps for getting into a local college or university, as it handles all undergraduate applications for admission. If you are currently in high school or have recently graduated, you may want to find out how you can take advantage of the OUAC programs to improve your chances at getting into your preferred school and course.
Remember that it is essential to meet all OUAC requirements to set up an account and start your application. So, here is a quick guide to get you started:
What are the requirements for OUAC Canada?
- You must be under 21 years of age.
- You must be enrolled at an Ontario High School and taking courses during the day. This requirement also covers students who are returning for the second semester and the graduated students who are returning to upgrade at least one course.
- You have not been out of high school for over seven consecutive months.
- You expect or will have received your OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) with six 4U/M courses at the end of the year
- You have not attended any post-secondary institution (i.e., university, Career College, or college).
- You are applying for first year at an Ontario university for a diploma program or undergraduate degree.
Under OUAC guidance, you should understand that the Ontario University Applications Centre does not make decisions on admissions, as that is the responsibility of universities.
Before you choose OUAC programs, take the time to register at their website.
Here are some tips:
- Look up universities, browse programs, and create your own selection. Take note of all OUAC codes that are relevant to your program choices, as well as their deadlines.
- Review the 105 application guide
- Create an account to apply. Take note of your OUAC Canada reference number.
- Verify details by logging into your 105 application. Check your email’s spam folder in case the messages from OUAC and universities go there.
You can get guidance for the OUAC application from reputable schools in Mississauga. Get in touch with them for assistance, especially if you are planning to complete your secondary education there.
About the Author:
USCA Academy is located in Mississauga offering different academic programs ranging from elementary and middle school levels, high school levels and university level preparation programs. For International students, school welcomes them to complete their OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma, Grade 9-12) or University Preparation Program Grade 12).