Outstanding reputation since 1980
As a young teacher, Lorna taught in the UK before coming to Malaysia and Singapore to teach with the British Armed Forces. Later she taught at international schools in Singapore and became a School Principal in 1971. In 1980, Lorna Whiston opened the first Lorna Whiston centre with the aim of improving the standard of English language among Singaporean students.
Since then, Lorna Whiston Schools has built a reputation for high-quality education and teaching excellence across Singapore and Malaysia with our signature English Enrichment and Speech & Drama programmes, as well as our Preschools.
With decades of experience operating within the education industry, we are a thought leader in the field of education.
At Lorna Whiston, we have five core values that shape all aspects of our business and inform every decision we make:
- Collaboration: Our supportive, positive and personable works together to ensure the success of the whole group.
- Integrity: We conduct our business to the highest standards of professional behaviour and ethics; we are honest, ethical and transparent with all stakeholders and customers.
- Education: Learning is our raison d'être—it’s central to everything we do. We are committed to lifelong learning; when we make mistakes, we learn from them and do better next time.
- Determination: We love challenges, and we go above and beyond to reach our goals—we are driven to be the best we can possibly be.
- Innovation: The world changes every day, and we encourage our staff to look to the future so we can stay ahead of the curve.