Dropbox is one of the most popular and commonly used file hosting services worldwide, operated by an American company. The service enables the users to keep a backup of all of their essential files and documents on the cloud. Using the Dropbox file hosting service, one can also keep identical copies of their files up to date on their multiple devices. The company started this file hosting service in the year 2007. And since then, millions of people have started using this service on various devices. Accessing the Dropbox file hosting service is pretty straightforward. One can use this service on devices including Windows, Mac, and Linux computers, along with Android and iOS devices. As per the estimated record, there are over 14.6 million paying customers of this service. And you can also use the free version of Dropbox. Because of its amazing features, people often use Dropbox to save their important documents.
However, there are various other cloud storage services also. And Dropbox is considered as best among all others. In order to access this service, you will need to create an account. Creating a Dropbox account also follows a much straightforward process. But, what if you want to change or reset the password of your Dropbox account? Do you know how you can change your Dropbox password? If you don’t know the procedure for this, then I suggest that you should go through this complete article. Here, we are going to show you the process that you will need to follow to change or reset your Dropbox password. So, to get to the method, please consider reading this entire post.
The Procedure to Change or Reset the Dropbox Password
Dropbox provides various great features to its users to enhance their experience. It makes it much convenient and easy for you to manage your documents and files on more than one device. The service brings all of your files in one central place by creating a special folder on your computer system or mobile devices. But it is also true that the service has also faced some criticism regarding the issues, including security breaches and privacy concerns. And that is why, to protect their data, some users might want to change their Dropbox password. Or there may be other reasons also due to which you are going to change or reset your Dropbox password. Whatever the reason might be, by following the procedures mentioned here, you will be able to change or reset your Dropbox password much quickly. For this, you will have to visit the Dropbox website on your computer. So, let’s get to the methods now.
The Steps for Changing the Dropbox Password
Follow the steps to get started with the process of changing your Dropbox password:
- To change your Dropbox password, first of all, turn on your computer system and then navigate to any trusted web browser.
- After opening the web browser, you will have to visit the Dropbox website.
- And after landing on the homepage of the website, proceed further by logging into your Dropbox account by using your email address and password. Here, you can also choose to sign in using your Google or Apple account.
- And after you are logged in to your account, you will reach the main Dropbox interface. Here, you will have to click on the profile picture that you can see located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- And after clicking on the profile picture, you will be provided with a few options. Here, you will have to choose the option of “Settings.”
- And after you reach the Dropbox settings page, click on the “Security” tab given on the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, navigate to the option of “Change Password.”
- And here, you will be asked to enter your current password. After entering your current Dropbox password, type in your new password in the space provided to you.
- Enter your new password one more time. And at last, complete the procedure by clicking on the option of “Change Password.” And that’s all. Now your Dropbox password will be changed.
The Steps for Resetting Your Dropbox Password
You can follow this method if you don’t remember your current Dropbox password. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to reset your Dropbox password:
- To reset your Dropbox password, the first step that you will need to follow is to visit the Dropbox login landing page.
- And after reaching the website, go to the “Forgot Your Password” link.
- And now, you will be asked to enter your email that is associated with your Dropbox account.
- After entering the email, click on the “Submit” button.
- And after this, you will have to go to your mailbox, where you will have to find the email containing the “Reset Your Dropbox Password” link. Open the email and then tap or click on the link to proceed further.
- After you get to the next screen, select the “Reset Password” button.
- Enter the new password two times.
- And finally, click on the “Submit” button, after which your Dropbox password will be updated. And that’s it.
So, this is how any Dropbox user can change or reset their password. Follow the instructions mentioned above now, and to read more informative articles like this, please visit our website.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles for Wire IT Solutions on Norton Products, Webroot Products, McAfee Products, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.To get in touch with the internet security service provider, just dial 844-313-0904.
SOURCE : Dropbox Password