An online reservation app has two segments – one is the User segment, and the other is Admin Segment. The purpose of both the segments is different.
The user side always shows all the services you are giving through your hotel booking app like Trivago. On the other hand, the owner side is responsible for managing listings, data, and making updates in the app.
- SignUp and log in – This password-protected gateway helps the user to land on his profile and start searching for hotels and accommodations.
- User Account – The user needs to make an account when signing up on the portal by entering necessary details like name, address, contact number, and email id.
- Hotel Listings with Star Ratings – The list of hotels should be made available to the user after filling in the necessary information like destination, check-in, checkout, no. of rooms, and dates.
- Search Bar – Needless to say, this feature is essential in case the user is looking for the availability of rooms in a particular hotel. He will directly enter the name and search.
- Search History – If the user is satisfied with his previous stay and is planning to make a second trip to the same city, he will search history to re-book the same hotel.
- Recommended Stays – Communicate with your client base. Show them what they will like based on their previous searches. Give them recommendations of similar hotels in their nearby budget.
- Payment Page – If you give your clients the facility to book their stay online, you have to accompany that facility with a payment gateway. Add all electronic payment modes like PayPal, Paytm, GPay also non-electronic mode like COA (Cash on Arrival)
- Cancellation Feature – The trip might get canceled, or the number of people may decrease. In that case, the user may want to cancel the reservation.
- Push Notifications – The feature can deliver any update regarding the reservation process or any season deal on hotels to the users via a push notification feature. This way you communicate with your user.
- Maps and Navigations – Make sure to facilitate your users with a navigation feature to not struggle with the roads and the destination.
- Admin Panel – The utility lets you manage the data, update, and make back-end changes visible to the user on the app.
- Password encrypted login – The Admin end of such apps is usually authorized and protected with the encrypted password login given only to the owner/manager.
- User Management Panel – Users enter their necessary details to make an account on your application, and they update their details as and when needed. Make sure to protect such information and manage such updates via the user management panel.
- Hotel listing Management – If you own a fully-fledged hotel booking app be prepared to have a plethora of hotel data and manage them on your end.
- Travel Agent Management – The updates and the information on those websites will be synced to your platform, which calls for the need to own a separate segment for managing such travel agents’ profiles.
- Updates and Promotion management – Being an owner, you can access a promotion management segment regarding seasonal/hot deals. Whatever changes are made here will be visible to the user end accordingly.
- Dashboard for monetary management – The feature lets you manage and track your sales and profits from any revenue model you select to earn from your hotel booking business.
Read more: Trivago app clone development cost