Microsoft Outlook is an integral part of Microsoft Office that is used as an email manager. Apart from sending emails, you can integrate it with third-party applications that provide email functionality. Besides, you can integrate it with QuickBooks Desktop. It further allows you to send emails by using MS Outlook as the primary email client. However, you can encounter several issues due to misconfiguration in the Windows settings or when Outlook freezes while sending emails. We will dive into the possible causes and troubleshooting methods that will help you fix the QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding issue through this blog.
Why Outlook Stops Responding When Sending An Email?
Here, we have mentioned some of the major reasons that bring forth the error QuickBooks desktop is unable to send your emails to Outlook:
- If you aren’t running QuickBooks as an administrator on your Windows OS.
- You might have incorrect email settings in Internet Explorer.
- Damaged or incomplete QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- While sending emails from QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook is already running in the background of your system.
- You might be using a damaged MAPI32.dll file.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Is Unable To Send Your Emails To Outlook Error
Here, we have mentioned the troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve QuickBooks freezes when sending an email error:
Step 1: Ensure to Run QuickBooks with Admin Rights
- At first, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Properties >Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark the box that reads Run this Program as Administrator present under the Privilege Level section.
- If already checked, click on Apply followed by OK.
- Lastly, you have to restart your computer.
Step 2: Verify Email Preferences for QuickBooks
- Firstly, open QuickBooks software.
- Then, navigate to Edit> Preferences> Send Forms.
- Now, go to the My Preferences tab and select the option Send email using and then click on OK.
- After that, click on Edit> Preferences> Send Forms> My Preferences tab> QuickBooks Email and then, OK.
- Further, select Edit> Preferences and then choose the Outlook option again.
- Now, click on OK.
- At last, you have to close the QuickBooks application and Outlook. Restart your Windows and try to send email using QuickBooks.
Step 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook
You must try to repair the QuickBooks Desktop software. If it doesn't resolve your issue, you must download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to repair the Microsoft Outlook installation.
Verify Internet Explorer’s Email Preferences
- Exit out QuickBooks and any company file if open.
- Run Internet Explorer on Windows.
- Click the Gear icon at the top and select Internet Options.Internet Explorer Internet Options
- Navigate to the Programs tab and click the Set Default option.Internet Explorer Set Default Programs Option
- Now click Set your Default Program link.Set your Default Program in Windows
- Now select Outlook (desktop) option from the left pane and click Set this Program as Default option.Set Outlook as Default Email Program in Windows
- Finally Click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and try to send an email using QuickBooks Once again.
- If QuickBooks Outlook Freezes when Sending Email even after setting up Outlook as default email then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 5: Repair Damaged MAPI32.dll File
- Exit out any running application on Windows.
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.Fixmapi file
- Locate and double-click Fixmapi.exe file.
- if you can’t find the file in Windows Explorer, then you can also manually search it using the Windows Search feature.Search Mapi32 fileMapi32 File Search
- Once the tool repairs the MAPI32.dll file, open QuickBooks and try to send an email.
Summing It Up
Hopefully, the above solutions would help you resolve QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. However, if the error persists even after following the above methods, then you must get in touch with our professionals by giving us a call on our helpline Number 855-948-3651.