Hiring an agile distributed team for application development is becoming more common now than ever before. With half of the world’s population effectively working from home, launching applications with the help of distributed teams is a norm.
One of the most significant benefits of having a distributed agile team is that such a team can work around the clock. If you have an offshore team and your internal team that lives on the other side of the world, a distributed team approach may prove to be beneficial: while one team takes a break and rests, the other is at work.
Benefits of opting for agile distributed teams
- Agile distributed teams hired from offshore resources offer flexibility in terms of collaboration since they have a faster learning curve in technology and tools.
- If you are launching a new product or application and reluctant to invest heavily in hiring, Offshore Distributed Teams can solve that problem at a reduced cost.
- Offshore companies have an existing pool of talent so they can provide skilled distributed teams.
How does Chapter 247 make the best of distributed agile development?
Chapter 247 has a rich experience of assisting their customers across diverse initiatives. The team uses video conferencing tools at a time suitable for both their and the client’s teams. They use tools such as Jira or Trello for helping the scrum master run the virtual scrum backlog. Through task management tools such as Slack or Skype for Business, each member updates tasks or exchanges information quickly.
Chapter 247 follows the Scrum methodology, where one scrum master is appointed for every different scrum. As a result, clients get the following benefits -
- Accountability increases between individual members and teams.
- Lags are resolved immediately that speeds up development.
- Blockers are resolved faster since every team has a scrum master.
- Due to easy communication accessibility, conflicts are resolved faster.
How does Chapter 247 resolve challenges or conflicts?
Challenge: Different time zones
Solution: Team members at Chapter 247 are asked to shift their working hours on scrum days so everyone can attend the video calls.
Challenge: Cultural differences
Solution: Chapter 247 has worked with companies around the globe, so the team is culture-savvy. They have hands-on experience of working in cross-cultural settings several times. The team works closely with the client’s team through chat features and collaboration tools and is skilled in interpreting meanings and nuances from people of other countries.
Challenge: Code ownership
Solution: In distributed Agile Software Development, when no one person or team owns the code, there’s also nobody to put the accountability on when anything goes wrong. Chapter 247 applies a robust version control system that brings more transparency and solves this problem.
In a Nutshell
Chapter 247 takes the challenges of distributed app development as excellent opportunities for growing and learning. At Chapter 247, the team conducts ongoing training and updating of their developers and managers to prepare for any Remote Web Development. If you are looking for an agile distributed team, contact Chapter 247.