As the American population ages, as does the risk of disease, illness, and injuries. Over 20% of Americans live with the daily burden of chronic pain. Many patients have been tricked by the pharmaceutical industry into taking addictive synthetic drugs in part with their pain management plan. As many as 29% of patients who are prescribed opiates for chronic pain admit to misusing them.
If you are a patient, who has fallen victim to the addictive properties of opiate pain medications, you are not alone. Roughly 12% opiate prescribed patients develop an opioid use disorder. This is not the fault of American patients who should never have been prescribed such damaging substances.
Thankfully, the legalization of Medical Marijuana Card Palm Bay in Florida has given patients in Palm Bay the opportunity to break free from their addiction to prescription pain medications.
Chronic Pain Puts Patients at A High Risk of ComplicationsChronic pain is the most common reason that patients visit their primary care physician. Many are not aware of the dangerous complications that chronic pain can present. Complications include:
- Substance Abuse
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Decreased Quality of Life
- Muscle Atrophy (increasing the likelihood of injury)
- Other Psychiatric Disorders
Data Reveals that Medical Marijuana is Safer Than Synthetic DrugsFor years, the public has ignored the dangerous effects of prescription pain medications in cases of chronic pain. As patients use these addictive substances, a tolerance is built, increasing the need for higher amounts and/or stronger drugs. This is a deadly cycle that can be difficult for patients to escape. Dangers of synthetic drugs can include:
- Severe Constipation
Marijuana Treatment is DifferentSynthetic drugs only mask pain, build a tolerance, and consequently create larger issues. Marijuana treatment does the opposite. This alternative treatment is natural, healthier, and even heals the body on a cellular level. Marijuana contains cannabinoids that work to help rebuild the body’s natural healing system. Not only does marijuana help patients manage their symptoms but is has also been shown to slow disease progression, and even decrease the size of tumors. Benefits of Switching to Marijuana Treatment
- Pain Relief Without Sedation
- Increased Concentration
- Higher Level of Productivity
- Better Quality of Sleep
- Improved Emotional and Mental Health
Side Effects for Medical Marijuana are Fewer and Less SignificantAll treatment can present side effects, including treatment with Medical Marijuana Card Merritt Island. The good news is that the side effects when taking marijuana are few and not lingering issues. Side effects that could occur include:
- Impaired Coordination
- Distorted Perception of Time
- Short-Term Memory Lapses
- Increase in Heart Rate
Making the Switch to Medical Marijuana TreatmentThere are a few steps you must take if you are ready for a healthier way to manage your health. Fortunately, the process of getting certified for Medical Marijuana Card is simpler than most patients are aware. Many report that they wish they had scheduled an appointment sooner.
- The first step is to reach out to a physician who is qualified to certify patients for medicinal marijuana. The marijuana experts at My Florida Green have physicians throughout the state, including in Palm Bay, who are eagerly accepting new patients.
- At your appointment you will talk to the doctor about your unique health condition, the symptoms that you experience, and discuss the benefits of Medical Marijuana Card Merritt Island.
- If the physician decides that your specific health condition may improve with the use of marijuana, they will provide the state with a recommendation for marijuana treatment.