Microsoft Office Outlook uses OST (Offline Storage Table) file to access your Outlook mail data locally like emails, contacts, calendar, folders & attachments while connection to exchange server is not available due to internet connection not available. OST files help outlook using mailbox while your system is in offline mode. Usually, it's not easy to affect the ost files buy due to any outer operations, but sometimes OST files got corrupted or damaged and Outlook is unable to access OST file and mail functions are interrupted in Outlook.
All Microsoft Outlook versions (MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or any older ANSI edition) required to get fixed OST files in order to access outlook mail data again. The most effective way to recover mail data from corrupted OST files is to convert ost files to Outlook pst file by using a third party tool OST to PST converter software.
There are two ways to export Outlook OST data to PST format:
You can manually move outlook mailbox data to PST format. Using this method you can convert OST mail data to PST format, but you can’t recover your outlook contacts using this method, otherwise, all other data can be recovered. Follow the steps below:
- Open the OST file in Microsoft Outlook from which you need to recover data.
- On the File tab, select Info and then select Cleanup Tools.
- Next click on Archive
- Ensure that Archive this folder and sub-folders option is selected in Archive dialog box.
- Now, choose the directory where you want to save exported PST file.
- Choose a date in Archive items older than option and all the mail data received till the mentioned date will be archived.
- Chose a folder location for Archive file, where the converted PST files get stored.
- Click on Ok to complete the conversion process.
- Third Party OST to PST converter-
This is best and easiest way to convert OST files to PST files automatically. You don’t have to perform so many manual actions. A professional OST to PST converter easily exports or migrate corrupted OST data to PST format in bulk quantity. OST to PST converter tool can also convert OST files to MBOX, EML, MSG, and HTML & Office 365 Format. This tool supports all outlook versions office 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 in any Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10.
This tool is easy-to-use. Steps:
- Download and install the OST to PST converter software on your Windows PC.
- Run the Software.
- Click on Open and select the Exchange OST file to convert OST to PST
- Now, select the folder path where you want to save exported PST file.
- After that, start the scanning process.
- Next, select the OST files you want to recover and choose Convert Option.
- Now, select the Save Destination Path & choose the file format like PST or other in Save Options.
- Click on Convert Now option to complete the migration of OST to PST file.
Conversion of OST files to PST format using the manual method is complicated with the risk of data loss. You have to pay much attention for every step for performing the conversion process to keep away all the risks and you should have some technical knowledge to perform the procedure of migration process of OST files to PST format. Even if you completed all the process successfully, there are possibilities that all mailbox data may not be recovered. So, the best way to convert corrupted OST files to Outlook PST format is to use an OST to PST converter tool.