Are you a Mac user and use the Safari browser on your computer? Safari is one of the most popular and commonly used web browsers among millions of iOS device users. It provides you with the best web surfing experience with its amazing features. A few months ago, Apple launched its all-new macOS Big Sur operating system for Mac devices users. And along with this, the company has also started to roll it out for all the compatible Mac devices. This advanced version of the Mac operating system comes with several new features and significant changes that aim to provide the best computing experience to all Mac users. One of the major changes that this operating system includes is changing the Safari background image. Yes, now you can set any image on the Safari web browser’s home page on your Mac computer.
Do you want to know how to do so? Want to get the method for changing the background image in the Safari browser on your Mac computer? If you want to see the procedure to perform this task, you should go through this complete article. Here, we have explained how you can change the Safari background image on your Mac device. So, stay on the page, and please read this full post.
The Procedure for Changing the Safari Background Image on a Mac
We all get quickly bored with the same background image on our devices, and that is why we tend to change it from time to time. But now, you can also set a background image in the Safari browser on your Mac device. Nowadays, you can find this functionality in most modern web browsers. And setting a background image on the browser’s home page makes your web surfing experience even more fun. When you browse the web using any browser, the start page is the first page with which you interact every time you open your browser. And looking at the same dull background in your browser’s home page is no fun. Any of the Mac device users can easily customize the homepage of the Safari browser. And you can set any image from your computer in the Safari background. You can also search for the pictures on the web. This is a straightforward task, and anyone can do this without any difficulty.
Also, before getting started with the procedure for changing the Safari background image, you need to make sure that you are using Safari 14.0 or higher version on your computer. This updated version of Safari will be automatically installed if you are running the recent version of macOS Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or higher. But still, if you want to find out which version of the Safari browser you are currently using on your computer, you can do so by launching the browser on your Mac and then go to the menu and click on the “Safari” option. And after this, click on the option of “About Safari.” And now, you will be able to see which version of Safari you are currently using on your Mac device. And now, it’s time to move towards the procedure for accomplishing this task. Please take a look at the below-mentioned instructions:
The Steps to Change the Safari Background Image on a Mac
Here are the steps that you should follow to change the Safari background image on a Mac computer:
- To get started with the procedure, first of all, you will need to open the Safari browser on your Mac computer.
- After reaching the Start page, go to the menu button that you will find in the bottom-right corner of your computer screen.
- And then, after clicking on the menu button, you will be provided with a few options, including “Reading Lists,” “iCloud Tabs,” and “Background Image.” Here, you will have to click on the option of “Background Image.”
- After reaching the next screen, you will have to scroll horizontally to check out the provided background images.
- Choose and click on any image of your choice to set it on the Safari home page.
- You can also set a background image stored on your computer. To do this, click on the “+” icon and then choose any image from the file picker. And when you are done selecting the picture, click on the option of “Choose” given on the bottom-right corner of your screen. And that’s all. Now, you will be able to view the selected image on the Safari browser’s home page.
- If you ever want to remove the image or switch to another image, you will need to go back to the “Background Image” section given in the customization menu. And then, click on the “X” icon to remove the existing image. And repeat the same steps to set another image on the Safari browser’s home page.
So, this way, any Mac user can quickly change the Safari background image on their computer. There are various ways to change the image on the Safari start page on a Mac. And here, we have provided you with the most simple method. So, go on and try this fantastic feature of Safari now and also share your views with us by going through our website.